Founded in 1966, SEMEL ASMI, the Israeli Association of Libraries and Information Centers, is an independent, non-profit organization of librarians and information professionals.
The Association's goals:
- To support and advance the profession,
- To create opportunities for cooperation and exchange of ideas,
- To create and sponsor activities which further enhance knowledge and skills.
ASMI strives to achieve its goals through:
- Sponsoring courses, tutorials, tours and conferences
- Maintaining an up-to-date web-site, with news, forums, discussion groups, articles and announcements.
- Publishing the journal "Information and Librarianship" since 1993, which is Israel's leading academic journal in the field.
Our members come from various libraries and information centers: academic, public, government, medical, Hi-tech and religious.
- Reduced rates for participation in: professionsal conferences, courses, tours, etc.
- Subscription to "Information and Librarianship". To view Table of Contents and abstracts in English from the last issue click here (Requires Acrobat reader). To subscribe please e-mail us.
- Participation in the Association's professional tours abroad.
Join SEMEL ASMI today and meet people who share your professional interests and ideas.
Annual membership fee is 300 shekels; retired and students - 50% discount; first-year students - free.
עידכון אחרון ( Tuesday, 01 July 2008 )